- 18:13 Why is today not Friday? What kind of bullshit IS this? I want to sit around and prepare for gaming. #
- 18:14 I hope I can pull off a good session. Tell me you love me, and I shall do well. #
- 18:34 Jesus! Somebody MAIL me. Tell me staying for the rest of my shift isn't wrong or hellish. ; ) #
- 20:29 Oh Mama, I'm in fear for my life from the long arm of the yuan-ti... #
- 20:33 Planning out the Shattered Temple run is quite amusing to me. Although I think I'm gonna need to redraw the Temple maps. They're quite crude #
- 21:41 @megthelegend *remembers even breathing, must relax...* #
- 22:24 @megthelegend well, gosh... ; ) #
- 14:41 Trying to build in my head a spell-development for one of my gamers. #
- 18:59 Argh!! Stupid scheduling conflicts!! My gaming is gonna be thrown three weeks out at this rate. And we haven't met for two, already. #
- 20:46 Who *are* the Monkeys of Love? #
- 20:47 @megthelegend You have So Much going on--what more could you have done? #
- 20:47 @glittertrixie stopdat pokin'! Hey! ; ) #
- 17:10 @autodidactic *cries*. *throws badgers at warrenellis*. Tantrum badgers hunger for flesh. #
- 17:11 @michaelfurious I keep forgetting to bother while I'm at home, and can't find the place to set it up while on my phone. #
- 19:06 Is it wrong to ask your co-workers, "How's yer vag?" I'm never sure. #
- 19:34 Icon procured. I thought perhaps to get a cream pie pic & label it The Eye of Sauron, but I figured Robot Monkey would be friendlier. #
- 20:53 @megthelegend At work? Some of these people scare me too bad to perform!!! #
- 21:24 @megthelegend Spose ya got me there!! #
- 16:42 GLUT. OMG soo hungry. #
- 16:44 In the land where the vaginas are sturdy, and filled with a righteous might... #
- 18:33 Getting to that weird headspace where I found myself getting into trouble previously. Interesting to see it from a remove. #
- 19:34 Wait--I -just- checked my email. Suddenly v sleepy. #
- 18:43 Mm. Now we eat of the hog-meat. #
- 18:48 @megthelegend Today's our Un-iversary. Would've been 3 years. Also E.A. Poe's 200th birthday. So, hog-meat. #
- 18:50 @megthelegend Also, they cut my head off, and replaced the bones with matchsticks. #
- 19:32 @megthelegend It's why I don't sing on Tuesdays any more. #
- 18:38 Tired of stupid calls. Tired of demanding idiots. #
- 19:26 Seems like the time of year where everyone is boiling over with misery. #
- 19:28 @megthelegend Yes. It is true. I almost laid out of work today. Not in the mood for this garbage. At least the call volume is low bc of MLK. #
- 19:36 Thoughts of wax-carving in my brainmeats. Pendants soon to follow. Someone stinks of soup. #
- 20:14 @megthelegend I'm also possessed of a complete lack of ability to properly foresee/prepare for the quiet moments at work. #
- 20:17 @megthelegend Plotting dooms tends to get me to muttering like an old bag-lady. Great. Now I'm hungry again. Blue Monday, indeed. #
- 20:59 @megthelegend Actually, you'd only need lady-flavored, because they come in a bag. Wait--this doesn't sound right... #
- 16:09 Mm. Sammich. Kitty wants a bite. Puppy too. #
- 17:27 Trying hard to maintain Friday manaical energies. #
- 18:27 The day, my pets, is grown tedious. #
- 18:29 @happypete is your nav system muttering & grumbling? #
- 19:14 "I'm afraid fulfilling that request will require an excessive amount of hold time. I apologize in advance." #
- 19:19 @megthelegend you should be savagely worshipped, instead. And if you want a pony, there should be one. #
- 21:44 @megthelegend: IT backsides? What dept. are you in? ; ) #
- 15:38 Trying to manage someone through building a doppelgänger thief. Interesting. #
- 16:58 I've come over sleepy all of a sudden. #
- 18:57 I can't think what to do with this strange second motley crew I'm assembling. #
- 20:29 Knock knock, biscuits and weasels. Crazy is a bucket with a bright red band. #
- 20:57 In about a half hour, my latest horribly stupid tweets will dump into my LJ. Whee. #
- 18:24 Always keep a list of burned-out nightclub husks in the bad part of the city, in case you can't get the stake out of his heart. #
- 19:38 I should work more in precious metal. I should cut out my Chaos Wheel pendants. #
- 21:16 I have no time. Give me one dollar. #
- 21:44 Apparently getting a second gaming group going is a long & tedious process. ; ) #
- 15:54 Apparently, some people live their whole lives without ever learning not to play ball in the house. #
- 14:55 Bird pustules are sitting around praying for the death of my organs. #
- 15:29 God, I enjoy being weird sometimes. twitpic.com/11781 #
- 16:41 I've looked everywhere, and I can't find it. I must have lost my desire to be here. #
- 18:15 Slingin calls like a mofo. Tryin to throw together a second gaming group. #
- 18:50 The gods must be cooking up something spectacularly loathsome. I've had a relatively quiet Monday. #
- 18:51 Shit--just remembered it's Columbus Day. Isn't it? #
- 12:51 Well, the day of peace has ended, and High Drama boils forth from my callers today. #
- 12:52 I've got to pull my head out of my ass & make some extra income happen. #
- 16:44 Have discovered that we are, in fact, having a Zombie Walk this year! Oh, to get ready! #
- 08:08 Getting ready to watch the 1990 remake of Night of the Living Dead, and have some coffee. #
- 08:10 It's safe to say, looking at my past tweets, that I'm still getting the hang of this phone. #
- 12:51 Aww-no mail. So sad. Wish it wasn't rainy. Sometimes I would much rather travel by bike. Holla! (chuckles) #
- 16:49 Looks like I get to do the bike thing after all! Try to contain yourselves. #
- 16:56 Giant, bowing at the waist in my periphery. Stupid giant--stop going invisible right when I notice you! #
- 17:04 waiting on the damn train #
- 18:50 Final tweet of the day? Your sorrow is fully manifest. New Metallica album an interesting mix of sounds. #
So, philrancid, your LiveJournal reveals...
You are... 1% unique and 21% herdlike (partly because you, like everyone else, enjoy writing). When it comes to friends you are popular. In terms of the way you relate to people, you are keen to please. Your writing style (based on a recent public entry) is conventional.
Your overall weirdness is: 31
(The average level of weirdness is: 27.
You are weirder than 69% of other LJers.)
Find out what your weirdness level is!
Look up your birthday on Wikipedia, and post 4 events, 3 births, 2 deaths, and 1 holiday.
1415 - The army of Henry V of England defeats the French at the Battle of Agincourt.
1875 - The first performance of the Piano Concerto No. 1 by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky is given in Boston, Massachusetts with Hans von Bülow as soloist.
1936 - Adolf Hitler and Benito Mussolini create the Rome-Berlin Axis.
1970 - The wreck of Confederate submarine Hunley was found off Charleston, South Carolina, by pioneer underwater archaeologist, Dr. E. Lee Spence, then just 22 years old. Hunley was the first submarine to sink a ship in warfare.
1825 - Johann Strauss II
1881 - Pablo Picasso
1924 - Billy Barty
1400 - Geoffrey Chaucer
1921 - Bat Masterson
Kazakhstan - Republic Day. Lol!
A little touch-up work, and my first second-series picture will be done. But for some reason I felt this mad compulsion to do a religious picture--what do they call the representation of Christ on the cross? Icons? They probably don't even have a name.
It was too hot to carry the sanding table outside and sand my Start. Yesterday I jumped straight out of bed and into the lawn, mowing before it got too hot--and by the end of the mowing foray, sweat was dripping off of me and I was weak from no fooding.
I started another tone/ambient project. I loaded my processing software onto Zanzibar, here, and ol' Zanny really trucks through those long-process alterations. Like dropping a waveform 20 semitones.
I still can't believe how fortunate I am to have formed a gaming group amongst the immediate friends & family. We had a pretty good session, but those poor players just can't seem to get any of these pesky vampires to die! Maybe things will change in the immediate future...
Especially with the town's mayor succumbing the vampiric influence, and his daughter having joined the ranks of the damned.
My poor little gamers are living the old Chinese curse, fo sho.
What be is ya'll working on?
I grabbed the coffeepot, to pour coffee into my cup. Frowned. Lifted the pot and looked into its empty innards. Looked at the machine. Red light on. Looked from pot to machine, and back.
Then I remembered I hadn't put any fucking water in.
I could go right back to bed, right now. Doubt I will, though. But I think I am definitely going to sleep in this weekend. OMG sleep sleep sleep.
I love the way the night-vision on the camera makes my eyes look all Riddick. Am I Evil? Yes, I fucking am. ): p
Oh, hell. Too sleepy to even post.
"Wish"--Nine Inch Nails
Things at work have changed around so damned much that my sense of time has gotten fuxx0red. The one sup that told me he was gonna go look at another company for work--it really does seem like he said that months ago, but the actual window for him talking to them was last week or so.
I'm gonna have to stop listening to my old tracks--I am starting to feel the bite of the recording bug.
In related news, I have determined that I'm not really much of an internet reader. I just finished John Dies at the End, a 150k novel, available online, and it's been so long since I started it that I can't even remember.
Was it the illness that made my time-sense so warped?
I also can't seem to get my chi pointed in the right direction to finish "The First Victim", first part of the second Night-Blooming Flowers series. I've got it drawn, laid out, just need to shade it up. I'm also toying with the idea of getting some tests run of the 16 x 20-ish size prints.
In related news (I keep saying that, only it turns out that I'm not sure what the news is related to), the shadow man has built himself a young god with dusty black-bag science, and the werewolf is on his way. More on this at eleven.
This is SIX!
All your friends are Black Sabbath fans.
This is NINE!
The scan is complete. No threats have been found.
Okay now I'm just staring at the screen.
Yesterday at work I suffered another attack of ADD-like symptoms: Everyone walking around me talking was distracting the shit out of me, from the people in my headset. I have a brand-new headset that most of the time I have to have turned all the way down, and yet the background sounds were distracting me to the point that I wanted to stand up and shout at someone. Speaking of changes at work, one of the sups told me yesterday that I'm now no longer allowed to kill anyone.
What the fuck is that? when I asked the Ops Mgr about it, she was all like, "Yeah, they won't let me kill anyone either."
Like this is a game of what the fuck she can't do. Do you know who I am? I can kill the whole canteen with a thought.
I've noticed that it is indeed, true--cats are excellent temperature gauges. Want to know where the warm places are? Find the cat.
Nigel seems perturbed by the sudden intrusion of sock-feet into his little patch of sunshine and warm-air cross-currents. He has a look that says he may be rallying the troops, soon. And now, the pick up the strings, and see if I can't wrap this thing up.
I'm thinking that it's be better to actually list the songs you were listening to over the course of generating your entire post. So, here goes:
"Dude (I Totally Miss You)"
"Beelzeboss (The Final Showdown)"--Tenacious D
"Icky Thump"--White Stripes
"Sheer Heart Attack"
"Get Down Make Love"--Queen
listed track above, and then, while running down this list and typing it:
"Bloodbath in Paradise"--Ozzy Osbourne
One: happy belated birthday to iamheavenrender. Green Llama is getting rawthuh interesting, lately. Keep it up!
Two: I should be getting more prints in at some point in the next few days--the USPS tracker says they're in KCMO, so either today or tomorrow, most likely, with a trip to the post office to pick them up, if I'm not home when they show, which might make Wednesday at the latest.
Three: Uh--I forget what the third one's for.
I got too used to playing massive 32-player Dustbowl games, where you serve up respawns in the first five minutes that would make a donkey choke, as everyone on the Defense team spams the exits with every explosive in the book. One game I played, it took just over five minutes to break out of the exit tunnel. So I guess I got used to running around aimlessly and getting killed every three seconds.
Now I mostly play engies, and set up a sentry gun in high-traffic areas, and spend most of my time running back and forth with ammo for it. Which will of course keep my caps down, but what can you do? Sentries will up your score, while you hide somewhere and keep your death rate manageable, or go back and forth to resupply to re-up on health and armor. I've already thought of about five thousand different ways to exploit the stats-meter, but there's no way to compensate in the real world for not being good at playing. If I play for four hours while everyone is still at work, I can nail the shit out of the kill/death ratio, sniping the bots. If I wanted to get really crazy with it, I could just log on, kill a few people, and then bail out.
Considering how long it takes the damn game to load up, though, I'd much rather just fight the bots as a way of practicing TFC skills, and watch how the big kids roll, the sort of nasty tricks they get into, and incorporate those into the way I play. Like when you blow the grate on the Well map, and then some tricky bastard builds an SG right out in front of the opening of the swim pipe. I'd pay a dollar to know how it is that the good players can get their grenades to clear the pipe opening, because I sure as fuck can't--in water, they just drop right at my feet and blow me up. I also probably could do with some practice at constant movement. You go to shoot the live players, and they're all over the place, up, left, and right, and then they bounce a grenade off your face because you didn't track and kill them fast enough.
Have to learn how to do that and still shoot worth a crap.
So there you are! Monday in a nutshell--a gaming recap.
We were gonna get some groceries last night, and shrijani was all like, "let's wait till later", which translated into "Too Late!1" and now there are no cookies.
Or sugar for tea.
But I have Tenacious D, Dio, and Meat Loaf, all in one song. So get up off it.
Sometimes I think that the only reason I bother blogging is to get my fingers all excited about trying to do the day's writing. My brain is usually over it, the whole time, though. I have to stop screwing around and figure out how to get video on my iPod, without that bullshit about buying stuff that I already own on DVD.
Still drawing blanks. Gotta stop by the doc some day this week and confirm whether I'm firing them yet, though.
It can be Doughy Torus time nau?
EDIT: I have no idea why it breaks up my five-mile-hyphenated phrase-thing the way it does.
Go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:
The article title is the name of your band.
Go to http://www.quotationspage.com/random.
The final words of the last quote on your page are the title of your album.
Go to http://www.flickr.com/explore/
The FOURTH image on the page is your album cover.
(You can choose to go to http://www.flickr.com/groups/
Design your cover. Layout and presentation are up to you.
Post your cover, along with these instructions.
In the comments, your friends will tell you what kind of music you play and the name of the album's single.
Now to do a little cleaning up around here.
First I get told that I'm going to hell, and then someone asks me to Die in a Fire. Throw some teenage murders and dream sequences in between the two, and suddenly I'm Freddy Krueger.
moar funny pictures
This is going to get emailed to my work computer. This kitteh are me.